"I haven’t had that much trouble coming out since 1997." (x)
Due to a court order, J.K. Rowling has finally been forced to release the secret “Ronbledore” pages cut from an early draft of Harry Potter to the public.
“Where were you, Ron?” Harry asked. “We’ve got to finish cleaning up before the rest of the Order get back.”
“I’m not Dumbledore,” Ron said quickly. “I’m Ron. And we’re two different people, living in time normally, from back to front, as is our wizard custom.”
“I know,” said Harry. “I know that.”
Ron pulled the purple robes back over his head. “Just out of curiosity, what year is it and also what name do you typically use when referring to me?”
Quantum Leap (1989-1993)
"Leaping about in time, I’ve found that there are some things in life that I can’t change, and there are some things that I can. To save a life, to change a heart, to make the right choice. I guess that’s what life’s about."
i think it would be neat if netflix doubled as a dating site like “here are 9 other singles in your area that watched supernatural for 12 straight hours”
people who laugh so hard at their own jokes that they can’t even finish the joke because they’re laughing so hard are my favorite kind of people
BOOKS ABOUT JERKS WHO MAKE OUT WITH EACH OTHER for people who enjoy awful babies and/or reconsidering their association with me
- the queen’s thief series which i am contractually obligated by god to put on every rec list i do but also DO YOU LIKE FLIRTY THREATS, ROMANCE THAT CONFUSES EVERYONE WHO BEHOLDS IT, & CAREFUL TENDERNESS??? YEAH U DO.
- chronicles of prydain for some ORIGINAL JERKS, jerks who inspired the masses, also read westmark to get even ~jerkier (tw: war violence for westmark)
- i actually JUST read cruel beauty which was excellent mostly in that 95% of it was like, JERK BICKERING LAUGHING MAKEOUT COMBOS and then literally like “well we’re both awful at society but we can still be love” :’)
- melina marchetta’s jellicoe road AND lumatere chronicles both heavily feature cute romances between rude confused dorks (exception: evanjalin, all-knowing manipulative jerk) (tw: rape for lumatere)
- devil’s cub by georgette heyer i think she shoots him within like five minutes of their first meeting cute stuff
- slice of cherry like MURDEROUS TEENAGE SISTERS. BOYS WHO LOVE THEM. delightfully bizarre courtships. (tw: gore, mention of child sexual abuse)
- pamela dean’s tam lin LITERALLY ONE ENORMOUS EXERCISE IN ENGLISH MAJORS BEING SELF IMPRESSED DOUCHEBAGS AND THEN KISSING like read it
- blood and chocolate is about monster girl monster girl monster girl yessssssssss (tw: rape culture & sexual threats)
- the knife of never letting go is like also scifi dystopia political whatever but really we’re all here for viola and todd who nearly destroy everything (tw: war violence)
- swordspoint by ellen kushner which i often describe as amoral harry/draco because i have a problem but don’t hold it against ellen kushner
- the only alien on the planet LITERALLY MORE PEOPLE PLZ READ THIS BOOK + TALK TO ME ABOUT THE GINNY/MICHAEL LIFESTYLE (tw: child abuse)
- sixth grade secrets HAS ANYONE ELSE READ THIS BOOK?????? IT TRAUMATIZED ME. CHECK IT OUT.
- fingersmith i had real human friends be v suspicious of me after reading it like i know it’s victorian lesbians but anna they are bad people u know this right YES FRIENDS. I KNOW. GLORY IN IT. COME TO ME. (tw: institutionalizing)
- unraveled by courtney milan which SUCKER is the third?? book in the series so you’ll have to read all of it (tw: childhood abuse)
- this duchess of mine by eloise james is the sixth?? book in its series, got you again, THEY’RE ALL GOOD
- p much ALL romances in demon’s lexicon & unspoken but demon’s surrender has my favorite forever into the stars, liars in love :o
- the perilous gard i feel like i’ve been talking about this a lot lately and that’s because it’s so softly enthralling GOD, KATE
- a hundred thousand kingdoms is not-secretly about a threesome in which everyone’s an asshole & i love them. (tw: slavery, torture, rape)
- melusine hahahahahahahahaahaha kathleen they are all jerks though (tw: rape, incest)
- the changeover by margaret mahy is basically a girl turning into a witch and also high school dorks learning how 2 kiss (tw: sexual harassment)
- the hollow kingdom is like hades/persephone but they’re jerks and he’s a SUPER UGLY GOBLIN KING and i’m. really into that.
- speaking of really ugly i’m sure you’ve read the summoning etc by kelley armstrong but like. ugh. AM I GROSS FOR SHIPPING THIS, you will cry to yourself and darling you are so exquisite. (tw: institutionalizing, mental illnesses)
- also re: ugly and confused, read valiant by holly black, i have a problem, maybe this should be a separate list, too late
- eta: COLD MAGIC, i can’t believe i forgot kate elliott’s COLD MAGIC, the greatest asshole couple ever, i am fired from being myself, goodbye forever
" LITERALLY ONE ENORMOUS EXERCISE IN ENGLISH MAJORS BEING SELF IMPRESSED DOUCHEBAGS AND THEN KISSING"
SO TRUE and so great.
I CAN’T BELIEVE THIS LIST OF JERKS WHO KISS LEFT OFF HOLLY BLACK’S CURSE WORKERS. BOY ARE THEY JERKS.
i talk to you as to a friend
i hope that’s what you’ve come to be
it feels as though we’ve made amends
like we found a way eventually
it was you who picked the pieces up
when i was a broken soul
and then glued me back together
returned to me what others stole
- so people wanted me to talk about sterek nipple play
I bet it happens pretty early in their whatever it is that they’re not calling a relationship...
boston, you are the only only only[[MORE]]
today’s a hard day
a year ago, just before 3pm, i got a call from my coworker and friend who was...
- shiningartifact asked:Hey there! For the askbox meme, how about: 6. Favorite fic (or one of them)? and 10. Favorite trope/element/scenario in fic? and 32. Favorite AU tropes?
6. Favorite fic (or one of them)?
my favorite fics are almost always the ones i read when i first got into a fandom?? because...